Faculty of

Geography and Geology

Become our partner

The Faculty of Geography and Geology pursues the continuous development of its portfolio of national and international partners, and is open to the conclusion of new cooperation agreements with institutions around the world.

The partnership agreements support international cooperation on the strategic development directions of our Faculty:

  • Establishing master (or bachelor) studies with a double diploma
  • teaching exchanges, invited lecturers, associate professors
  • study and internship sessions for students, teachers and administrative staff
  • fundamental or applied common research projects
  • Summer School of Tourism and Tour Guiding "JASSY" of the Faculty of Geography and Geology
  • Doctorate/PhD studies in co-supervising or with multiple coordination
  • investment in academic infrastructure and mutual advertising
  • seminars held by employers / recruiters, continuous training
  • performing various joint activities with mutual benefits

The Faculty of Geography and Geology offers a wide range of bachelor and master degree programs to potential students / teachers, both in Romanian and French (English starting oct. 2019), as follows:

Bachelor studies

  • -(General) Geography
  • -Geography of Tourism
  • -Géographie du Tourisme in French language
  • -Geography of the Environment
  • -Hydrology and Meteorology
  • -Territorial Planning

Master studies

  • Natural risks and Territorial Planning
  • Geomatics (GIS studies)
  • Tourism and Regional development
  • Tourisme et développement régional (in French language)
  • Present Environment and Sustainable Development

Also, starting with the academic year 2019, the study offer will be supplemented with programs taught in English language.

Taxes and costs

The top 60% of our students of Romania and European Union do not pay for their studies, according to their semester-by-semester performances. The other 40% pay around 700€/an. For the non-EU citizens, the study fees are 2500€/year for undergraduate, 2700€/year for the master degree and 3600€/year for PhD degree.

Personal living costs are among the most advantageous as a result of a diverse and affordable student accommodation offer. Thus, the average monthly living cost varies around 400€ (accommodation, meals and basic own expenses).

If you wish to find out about the steps to conclude a new partnership agreement, please send an e-mail to geoiasi@uaic.ro mentioning: institution contact information, contact person name.