>>> Anunț concurs
În perioada 13 – 17 aprilie 2019, Universitatea „Alexandru Ioan Cuza” din Iași organizează „Zilele Porților Deschise”, un eveniment dedicat elevilor din clasele IX-XII.
Detalii despre eveniment sunt publicate si pe site-ul Universitatii, la sectiunea Noutati: http://www.uaic.ro/uaic-invita-elevii-de-liceu-la-zilele-portilor-deschise/
Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization Polish Academy of Sciences, the Ministry of Investment and Economic Development, Committee of Geographical Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences and Polish Geographical Society are organizing international conference WARSAW REGIONAL FORUM 2019 - "Towards spatial justice - territorial development or marginalization".
The subject matter of the conference concerns theoretical and methodical as well as practical aspects related to the idea of spatial justice. The following topics are expected to be held at the conference:
* Spatial justice in theory and research concepts;
* Methods and tools for measuring spatial justice, territorial cohesion and marginalization;
* Delineation of growth and marginalized areas;
* Mobility and accessibility in relation to spatial justice;
* Approaches to counteract territorial marginalization;
* Development inequalities in the European Union in light of the Cohesion Policy after 2020;
* Territorial inequalities in urban structure;
* Spatial planning as a way for counteracting marginalization;
* Public benefit services as a determinant of marginalization.
On behalf of Organizing Committee
Prof. Jerzy Bański (Chair)
Prof. Tomasz Komornicki (Scientific Secretary)
Dr. Konrad Czapiewski (Conference Secretary)
Denis Cerić (Conference Secretary)
We are now accepting proposals for the International Conference on Water, Informatics, Sustainability and Environment iWISE2019, hosted on August 07-09, 2019 at Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.
Global Warming Global Responsibility
The overarching theme for this year’s iWISE conference is climate change and global warming, with the organizing themes of water, informatics, sustainability and environment guiding the discussion. As opposed to merely taking stock of the current climate crisis, the aim of the conference is to provide a forward-looking appraisal of technologies and innovative solutions that can be harnessed to reverse the calamitous trajectory on which we find ourselves.
Keynote speakers will accentuate the core themes of the conference, and breakout groups along the four themes and tracks (see below) will provide space for participants to delve deeper into topics through lively discussions.
We welcome proposals from a diverse range of people, not merely academics, to reflect the heterogeneous makeup of our attendees and the conviction that we must work together to overcome this enormous and pressing challenge. In past years, we have been privileged to have attendees representing a broad variety of constituencies, including government organisations, NGOs, and private initiatives. We look forward to welcoming an ever-more diverse set of attendees at this year’s conference.
Important Dates and Links
Abstract submission deadline; June 30, 2019
Early bird registration fees CAD$ 550 - Ends April, 01, 2019, then CAD$ 650 thereafter
Registration deadline for non-presenting guests: July 20, 2019
Registration deadline for presenters: July 12, 2019
Cancelation policy: available here
Canda travel and visa information: available here
Frequently asked questions: available here
Proposal submission website: www.iwiseconference.com
THEMES AND TRACKS
NB: While themes are intended to contour the course of the conference, tracks are indicative only.
Water Resource Management
Wastewater treatment and management
Oceans and Coastal Systems
Extreme weather events
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
The Internet of Things (IoT)
Environmental modelling and mapping
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Sustainable Cities (inc. transportation)
Ecosystems and Biodiversity
Environmental Legislation and Policy
Population and Environment
WISE2019 OFFERS THE FOLLOWING
2 days of engaging breakout sessions that will reignite passion for innovation and showcase current research and practices
Technical workshops and themed sessions which will serve as an excellent opportunity to connect with colleagues and exchange ideas. It will also help in gaining valuable expertise needed for decision-making on implementation of green practices; such as using eco-efficient technology, managing the carbon footprint, and supporting the climate change resilience
The Ottawa Sustainability Tour; a very attractive social activity that reflects the sustainability sense of the National Capital Region. Tour is offered as part of our partnership with the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-city Council
Digital and hard copies of conference publications including program, flyers, and book of abstracts will be distributed to all participant
Publication of selected papers in the International Journal of Environment and Sustainability (ISSN 1927-9566)
We are looking forward to welcoming you at iWISE2019 this summer in Ottawa.
W. A. Eldin
Dear university staff,
I am contacting you on behalf of the European Commission. The application window for the 2019 European Social Innovation Competition is now open and I think students at your university would be very interested in participating.
Successful applicants will receive training from experts and a chance of winning one of three 50,000 EUR prizes.
This year’s theme is “Challenging Plastic Waste” - all you need to apply is an idea for how we can reduce the amount of plastic waste that society produces.
For more details and to apply, please see the competition website: https://eusic.challenges.org
Now here’s where we request your support. Do you have a university / departmental newsletter or social media presence?
We would really appreciate it if you could post information about the competition on any of your channels. You can find all relevant material here.
Alternatively, we would be happy to tailor the material to fit your institution’s style – please just let me know.
Thank you in advance for you support.
Scholz & Friends Agenda
tel +49 30 700186-371
fax +49 30 700186-599
Vă invităm să participați la un training gratuit despre accesarea literaturii științifice, în vederea îmbunătățirii procesului educațional și a dezvoltării capacității de cercetare.
Data: 14 martie 2019 (joi), interval orar: 11.00-12.30
Domenii vizate: chimie anorganică, chimie organică/biochimie, științele vieții (geografie, biologie), microbiologie
Locul: Centrul de învățare al Universității „Alexandru Ioan Cuza” din Iași (Casa Miclescu, str. Pinului nr. 2, în spatele corpului B al Universității)
Înscriere: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org sau direct pe platforma Enformation
Limba în care va fi susținut trainingul: ENGLEZĂ
Traineri: Tetiana Khristova și Veli-Pekka Hyttinen, experți care asigură suport tehnic pentru portalul SciFinder.
Persoane de contact pentru informații suplimentare:
• Alina Trocin, Centrul de învățare al UAIC - email@example.com
• Elida Rosenhech, Serviciul pentru Administrarea Proiectelor de Cercetare, UAIC -firstname.lastname@example.org
SciFinder este un portal de chimie și științele vieții, care oferă acces facil la una dintre cele mai mari colecții de referințe de literatură științifică din lume (https://www.cas.org/products/scifinder).
Această platformă se află sub umbrela CAS, o divizie a American Chemical Society. (https://www.cas.org/).
Platforma este accesibilă tuturor (personal academic, cercetători, doctoranzi, studenți), accesând link-ul de înregistrare
În Iași, training-ul SciFinder va fi organizat în parteneriat cu Centrul de învățare al Universității „Alexandru Ioan Cuza”.
Centrul de învățare al Universității „Alexandru Ioan Cuza” din Iași a fost înființat în anul 2018, printr-un proiect competitiv privind Învățământul Secundar (ROSE) al Ministerului Educației Naționale (Schema de Granturi pentru Universități – Centre de învăţare (SGCU-CI), cu fonduri de la Banca Mondială). Scopul acestui centru este de a oferi un spațiu special dedicat pentru studiu individual și asistat, cu precădere pentru studenții aflați în risc de abandon sau de nepromovare, principalul obiectiv fiind continuarea studiilor şi îmbunătățirea performanței educaționale.
Lector dr. Bogdan Constantin NECULAU
Serviciul de Administrare a Proiectelor de Cercetare
0232 201102, int. 2560
Universitatea "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi
The Department of Human Geography and Regional Studies, Faculty of Geology, Geography, Recreation and Tourism, V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (Ukraine) invites you and your colleagues to take part in the International Scientific and Practical Conference for Students, PhD students and Young Scientist «Region-2019: Human-Geographical Aspects» (April 11-12, 2019) and to publish your papers in the scientific journal «JOURNAL OF HUMAN GEOGRAPHY», included in the scientometric bases Index Copernicus, Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, Google Scholar, InfoBase Index, Eurasian Scientific Journal Index, Scientific Indexing Services, Cite Factor, Research Bible, OAJI, ERIH PLUS, DOAJ, processing in Web of Science.
Requirements to manuscripts see the following:
Manuscripts should be written in English.
Deadline for submission materials for the conference – March 20, 2019.
Deadline for submission papers to the journal – April 15, 2019.
Also we offer you to familiarize with research fields of the department.
Our department deals with researches in the field of human (social) geography, regional development and territory planning, geodemography and urban geography, social development monitoring, estimation of tourist and recreational potential and tourist activity optimization, etc.
Among the directions of the department's work, it is necessary to highlight the following research:
· migration processes in Ukraine and the world; their causes and socio-economic consequences, forecasting and modeling of migration processes. The search for ways to regulate the migration of the population, the problems of settlers, ways to solve them, peculiarities of the settlers adaptation, their socioeconomic security, etc.;
· planning of urban space, zoning of the territory in accordance with its functional features, ways to optimize the city's infrastructure in accordance with the needs of population and economy, identifying possible ways and recommendations for the formation of cities as "smart-city", "creative-city", "green -city», «inclusive cities», etc.;
· research of the tourist and recreational potential of the region, development of various types of tourism, including green tourism, rural tourist estates, infrastructure changes in rural areas;
· territorial organization of rural areas of the region, problems of depressed rural areas, solutions, optimization of agricultural production in a region based on the development of farming, attracting investment, justifying the change in the specialization of agricultural production, prospects for farmingdevelopment, justifying new directions for development, improving infrastructure, etc. ;
· GIS in education and science, application of GIS technologies, work with GIS tools;
· Development of methodology for human geography.
Our department participated in the development Kharkiv Development Strategy-2020, especially in such directions: population and region’s settlement system, educational system and healthcare, social infrastructure and population social security, cross-border cooperation, agriculture and agro-industrial complex, tourist attractiveness of a territory.
We have worked out a list of original methods:
· spatial analysis – construction the surface of interaction and spatial impact of the socio-geographical objects (settlements of different ranks, separate elements of the social and industrial infrastructure, etc.).
· analysis the state, dynamic and development monitoring of the socio-geographical objects (modeling of trajectory development, identification the level and pace development, deviations from the optimal trajectory, progressive and regressive development phases, correction of the managed decisions;
· multidimension classification of socio-geographical system on different system development indicators (estimation the systems evolution potential, specialization of systems, specificity of development).
The indicated methods were tested by our researchers, PhD students and doctoral students in the researches of region’s social and demographical development, investment attractiveness and territory competitiveness, cross-border cooperation, depressive and old industrial regions development, agriculture and ecologically balanced husbandry, tourist and recreational potential, transport system, educational system, healthcare, religion and cultural sphere, geoecological situation, infrastructure with use of GIS-technologies, etc.
We are interested in organizing the common conferences, workshops, implementing the common research projects, publishing common articles, participation in the projects of academic mobility (i.e. Erasmus+).
If some of the listed directions or activities are similar to yours we will glad to cooperate. If you have other ideas of cooperation, please, contact us.
The web-site of the department:
For more information writhe to the following addresses:
email@example.com – on the participation in the conference
firstname.lastname@example.org – on the publishing manuscripts to the journal;
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org – on issues of cooperation.
D.Sc. in Geography, Professor,
Head of the Department of Human Geography and Regional Studies,
Faculty of Geology, Geography, Recreation and Tourism,
V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Ukraine
Tel.: +38 (057) 707-52-74
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org