We are now accepting proposals for the International Conference on Water, Informatics, Sustainability and Environment iWISE2019, hosted on August 07-09, 2019 at Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.
The overarching theme for this year’s iWISE conference is climate change and global warming, with the organizing themes of water, informatics, sustainability and environment guiding the discussion. As opposed to merely taking stock of the current climate crisis, the aim of the conference is to provide a forward-looking appraisal of technologies and innovative solutions that can be harnessed to reverse the calamitous trajectory on which we find ourselves.
Keynote speakers will accentuate the core themes of the conference, and breakout groups along the four themes and tracks (see below) will provide space for participants to delve deeper into topics through lively discussions.
We welcome proposals from a diverse range of people, not merely academics, to reflect the heterogeneous makeup of our attendees and the conviction that we must work together to overcome this enormous and pressing challenge. In past years, we have been privileged to have attendees representing a broad variety of constituencies, including government organisations, NGOs, and private initiatives. We look forward to welcoming an ever-more diverse set of attendees at this year’s conference.
THEMES AND TRACKS
NB: While themes are intended to contour the course of the conference, tracks are indicative only.
- Water Resource Management
- Wastewater treatment and management
- Water stress
- Water quality
- Oceans and Coastal Systems
- Extreme weather events
- Remote Sensing
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- Environmental modelling and mapping
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Sustainable Cities (inc. transportation)
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Sustainable Growth
- Renewable Energy
- Circular Economies
- Air quality
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Environmental Disasters
- Environmental Economics
- Environmental Legislation and Policy
- Environmental Management
- Population and Environment
- 2 days of engaging breakout sessions that will reignite passion for innovation and showcase current research and practices
- Technical workshops and themed sessions which will serve as an excellent opportunity to connect with colleagues and exchange ideas. It will also help in gaining valuable expertise needed for decision-making on implementation of green practices; such as using eco-efficient technology, managing the carbon footprint, and supporting the climate change resilience
- The Ottawa Sustainability Tour; a very attractive social activity that reflects the sustainability sense of the National Capital Region. Tour is offered as part of our partnership with the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-city Council
- Digital and hard copies of conference publications including program, flyers, and book of abstracts will be distributed to all participant
- Publication of selected papers in the International Journal of Environment and Sustainability (ISSN 1927-9566)
W. A. Eldin